Newcastle caravan care specialists
Ensure your caravan gets the care it deserves with help from the friendly team at Newcastle Caravan Repairs. Australian standards require a minimum level of care from manufacturers, repairers and owners. Our team has an in-depth understanding of what is required to properly care for all makes and models of caravans, and we excel in providing an affordable service that’s second-to-none.
Industry standards dictate that you should have seals and other components checked at least once every 5 years. This is designed to prevent water damage and to extend the life of your caravan.
Want to know more about how to care for your caravan or the services we can provide? Contact our Cardiff office or browse through some of our most commonly asked questions below.
Caravans are constantly exposed to the harsh Australian weather and road conditions, so require a little extra TLC.
Regular maintenance means your van is always ready for spontaneous holidays and safer on the roads.
We inspect for water leaks and minor damage that may overtime may develop into expensive issues. We work on all brands and models of caravans.
Call Newcastle Caravan Repairs today to discuss your needs.
Nano Ceramic Quartz Surface Coating.
Surfaces treated with Vantec NextGen Exterior will be sealed to prevent UV rays, road grime and salt air from penetrating the surface and maintain showroom finish.
More information coming soon
More information coming soon
How to store your caravan if you won’t be using it for awhile:
- Drain the toilet including the extra water reserved for flushing, water tank & any other water storage systems
- Turn the taps to open to allow them to release any pressure resulting from difference in temperatures.
- Invest in a caravan cover to protect it from the weather conditions
- Anti-flap kits
- Anti-theft systems
- Hot water anodes
- Plumbing fittings
- TV brackets
- Shade Walls
- Curved Roof Rafters
- Stabilizer kits
- Awning cleaner
- Black streak remover
- LED Awning light strips
- Brakes & bearings
Probiotic Waste Tank Treatment
- Cleans tank & removes hard deposits
- Salt water/fresh water systems
- Holding macerator systems
- Liquifies sludge
- Controls odour
- Reduce costly repairs
- Diesel heaters
- Small appliances
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic stability control
- Weatherproof speakers
- Reversing cameras
- TV/Media Equipment
- GPS Tracking
- Ring your insurer and make a claim by explaining the occurrence and damage.
- Your insurer will advise of your closest repairer or, most insurance providers give ‘choice of repairer’. Advise the insurer that you are taking your van to Newcastle Caravan Repairs at 63 Pendlebury Road, Cardiff.
- Call us to arrange a convenient time to bring the van in for us to appraise and generate a quote. At this time, we would normally book in a repair date.
- We submit a quote to your insurance provider.
- The van damage and quote are assessed by the insurance company. This is done either in person by a representative or using our photos and documentation in the insurance office, ‘desktop’.
- Approval is given.
- We order required parts and materials.
- Repairs are carried out.
A. Over time, your caravan suspension and axles will require servicing. You can expect our team to check your bearings, leaf springs, slipper leaf springs and tandem axles, as well as ensuring your pins and bushes have not worn to the extent that your springs could break.
We can give your caravan a full comprehensive service, offering a report on all work completed and scheduled maintenance that will be required in future. This will give you peace of mind and the ability to budget for this routine servicing, saving you time, money and hassle in the long term.
- Ask to see proof of the service history and the work that has been carried out on the caravan in the past.
- Find out how it has been stored. Caravans that are not stored undercover are at the mercy of the weather elements.
- Inspect the exterior for hail damage, dents, corrosion.
- Examine the inside for watermarks, which may indicate leaks. Soft spots on the floor may also be telling of a previous leak, which could lead to rotting timber.
- Check the window seals.